12.12.12 in Reflection

People still email me about this short story I wrote in 2002: "Homelands". Even in a fantasy setting like this story, where magic and armies dominate the environment, the story's driven completely by the most essential human emotions: confidence, fear, doubts... love. I ended the story with the same words that started the story: "There was a man and a woman in a garden."

You could say I'm a bit of a romantic. Ok, more than a bit... I burn and I burn hot and my passions are animal and very thirsty and, yes, at the end of the day it is one woman I desire in my arms. On any given day, I work with some incredibly attractive artists, models, musicians, and side-by-side with some frakking hot creatures who are tribe to me... and no matter how many women, or what the day brings, or how attractive, there is still this romantic idea and desire for a "one". It is worth loving and trusting and burning completely to find that woman... and it is worth dying alone knowing I tried to find her.

I am on American shores... and here in this moment there is more pain from love than there is the pleasure of love's intoxication... and by my choice. If I had one request of my heart, it would be not to fall in love at long-distance... but I have no control over my heart, and control is a chain I would never want put over the fire and blood that burns inside me.

I do not know the future. The future is born of actions, and of the fire that fuels those actions. Slowly I am rebuilding my world, especially the memorial for the man who taught me everything I know about music--Mushuto--and rebuilding the record label that he founded. I remind myself, also, that I frakking have a war to fight... and that war does not wait for anyone.

And I have a story to tell.

"Landlore" is the first of many stories, and the horizon calls, my brother Zero whispering to me of Mexico and of the West. Expect more as I put ink to paper... as paper becomes print and as sections are shared here on the site. The world ends in just over a week... so I'll catch you all on the other side of the apocalypse.

Much love... and burn bright!
~Kantiki Jayamana Whateva

Song of the Day: Until the Ribbon Breaks - Pressure (LuQus Remix) [Free on BandCamp]

Popular posts from this blog

Voyage Dallas Magazine - Meet Jaya Prime, on Fractal Art, on VanLife, on Travels

The Cave Hostels of Cappadocia, Turkey

The moment that changes everything